Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Ezri Konsa from Premier League rivals Aston Villa, according to . It has been reported Tottenham are considering signing a centre-back in the summer of 2021, and that the 23-year-old is on their radar.
Spurs are monitoring the youngster, although Villa hope to extend his current contract and keep him at Villa Park for the foreseeable future. Konsa was on Tottenham s wishlist when Toby Alderweireld’s £25 million release clause became active in the summer of 2019, but Belgium international defender did not leave and Spurs did not move for him.
According to , Konsa has made 19 starts and one substitute appearance in the Premier League for Villa so far this season, scoring two goals in the process. During the 2019-20 campaign…
Newly appointed Argentina coach Jorge Sampaoli described Lionel Messi as very excited as he prepares to build around the Barcelona star.
Sampaoli was finally unveiled as head coach on Thursday, signing a deal through to the 2022 World Cup.
His first test is far more pressing, with Argentina sitting fifth – the play-off spot – in qualifying for Russia 2018.
Sampaoli has the benefit of having arguably the world s best player at his disposal and the former Chile and Sevilla coach said Messi was ready to shine.
I had to face Messi. We want the world s best player to feel happy being here, he told a news conference.
The important thing is that Messi has compatible players. I spoke to him and he is very excited.
Jorge Sampaoli será prese…
Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has hinted that the next Everton boss could already be at the club
Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has hinted that the next Toffee’s boss could already be working at the club.
There is a host of candidates already within Everton’s setup that could be handed the role.
Quoted
Kenwright is quoted by the The People as saying: I have got people in mind,
A lot of those mentioned are not too far away. Everton have got a type, it s a very hard working industrial football club.
That seems like an indication that the Everton chairman is set to take risk on one of the unproven coaches at Everton, but then again Wigan is not that far away from Everton either.
Candidates
Everton’s coaching setup…
Verdict: Real Madrid Draw no bet
Best Odds:
Bookmaker:
While Atletico Madrid had enjoyed an excellent record in meetings with their local rivals in recent years, everything changed for los Colchoneros, who have now lost two Champions League finals to Real Madrid and are on the verge of yet another costly defeat to los Blancos after the 3-0 setback in the first leg.
Atletico Madrid
Atletico Madrid have progressed a great deal under Diego Simeone, becoming one of the leading sides in both Spain and Europe, but while they managed to lift the first La Liga trophy since 1996 three years ago, the Champions League title has remained just a dream. Los Colchoneros came incredibly close to UCL glory in two of last three years, but were eventually beaten by local ri…
Marco Verratti would fit in at Barcelona and would be a great signing for Luis Enrique s side, former Blaugrana midfielder Xavi says.
Verratti, 23, has steadily impressed since joining Paris Saint-Germain from Pescara in 2012, prompting rumours to circulate linking him with a move to La Liga and Champions League holders Barca.
Speaking in an interview with Canal Football Club, 2010 World Cup winner Xavi described the Italy midfielder as a player of an exceptional level .
I love Verratti. I like his vision of the game. He never loses the ball, he said.
He would fit well in the Barca game. I d like to see him at Barcelona.
Veteran Xavi, who left Barca for Qatari side Al Sadd in the off-season, added that PSG are a great team .
I enjoyed …
Former Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has labelled Jose Mourinho s three-year tenure at the club a failure .
The 61-year-old, who held the role between 2006 and 2009, believes that one La Liga title and one Copa del Rey was not good enough from the Portuguese manager, despite competing with one of the strongest Barcelona teams of recent times.
This season Madrid were 13 points behind their Catalan opponents at the top of the league, they lost to city rivals Atletico Madrid in the Cope del Rey final and were beaten by Borussia Dortmund in the UEFA Champions League semi-final.
Following an underwhelming campaign, Calderon was pleased to hear current president Florentino Perez s announcement that the former Chelsea boss will be leaving the club by mutual conse…
Jose Mourinho claims he had to beg Real Madrid to let me go , but does not expect to suffer a similar ending to his time at Manchester United.
Mourinho s turbulent three-year spell at Santiago Bernabeu came to an end in May 2013 by mutual agreement with the Spanish giants despite the fact he still had three years remaining on his contract.
The Portuguese returned to Chelsea for a second spell a month later before moving to United for the start of the 2016-17 season.
Mourinho won the EFL Cup and the Europa League in his first year at Old Trafford the second of those trophies guaranteeing United a place in the Champions League and the 54-year-old is confident his time in Lancashire will be more successful.
Asked what he considered the hardest part of rebui…
Luis Enrique felt Barcelona should be happy with what he described as a fantastic weekend despite Villarreal recovering from two goals down to draw 2-2 with the champions at El Madrigal on Sunday.
A goal from Ivan Rakitic and a controversial Neymar penalty had the visitors in control, but a second-half strike from Cedric Bakambu and an own goal by Jeremy Mathieu saw Luis Enrique s men pegged back.
Villarreal are the first side two recover from 2-0 down at half-time against Barca in La Liga since Real Sociedad in 2011 and the draw meant the visitors did not take full advantage of Atletico Madrid s shock 2-1 defeat at Sporting Gijon on Saturday.
1 Jérémy Mathieu is the first Barcelona player to score an own goal this season (all competitions). Misfortune.
Karim Benzema should be at the World Cup and not France coach Didier Deschamps, says Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Benzema has not played for his country since October 2015, having been investigated in relation to an alleged attempt to blackmail international team-mate Mathieu Valbuena.
French Football Federation (FFF) president Noel Le Graet angered the Real Madrid striker by backing Deschamps selections and saying Les Bleus had settled into a style of play and we cannot go back .
After France failed to impress in their 2-1 win over Group C rivals Australia on Saturday, Ibrahimovic suggested it showed Benzema would have served France better than the coach.
For me, it s not normal Benzema is not in the national team, he told beIN SPORTS.
8 Antoine Griezman…
Marcus Rashford said he tests himself against Harry Kane during England training sessions in a bid to improve as a striker.
England take on Bulgaria in Euro 2020 qualifying on Saturday, with Rashford seemingly likely to start in a front three alongside Kane and Raheem Sterling.
The 21-year-old Rashford got his Premier League campaign off to a fine start with two goals in Manchester United s 4-0 victory over Chelsea, but has failed to score since, missing a penalty in the 2-1 defeat to Crystal Palace at Old Trafford.
With Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez having left United, the onus is now on Rashford and Anthony Martial to lead the line, though former Red Devils forward Michael Owen believes the academy graduate may not have the desire to become a top goalscore…