Everton are interested in signing Emre Can from Juventus and willing to pay £30 million to secure his signature, according to .
The German international made his way to Turin on a free transfer from Liverpool after their defeat to Real Madrid in the 2018 Champions League final, but he hasn t been able to establish himself as a member of the team with the Serie A champions. He was left out of their Champions League squad at the start of the season, and apparently told to find a new club.
The 26-year-old midfielder, also capable of playing in the back line, was linked with Manchester United earlier, but he reportedly wasn t interested in that move out of respect for Liverpool, as his former club have a huge rivalry going with United. The same, however, can be said of Eve…
Atletico Madrid midfielder Tiago has backed Portugal s old guard to inspire the country to victory over Armenia on Friday.
Tiago came out of international retirement last month, returning the Portugal set-up after four years away to feature in a 2-1 friendly defeat to France and a 1-0 victory over Denmark in Euro 2016 qualifying.
The 33-year-old was joined in making a return to the fold by Monaco defender Ricardo Carvalho, who fell out with previous coach Paulo Bento in 2011.
Jose Bosingwa is the latest veteran to come out of the international wilderness under new boss Fernando Santos, and Tiago believes their experience could prove invaluable during the campaign to reach France.
It s a joy to have players of my generation back because we ve had many goo…
With his team facing a very realistic prospect of finishing the group stage of the Champions League without a single point to their name, Rangers boss Giovanni van Bronckhorst believes the group where they were drawn against Napoli, Liverpool and Ajax was an extremely difficult one.
“The group is really hard, you can see Ajax they only have three points. Last year they had a 100% record in Europe.”
Rangers boss Giovanni van Bronckhorst says their UEFA Champions League group with Liverpool, Napoli and Ajax has been difficult.
— Football Daily (@footballdaily)
…
In a showdown between two European giants who had already booked their spot in the knockout stage of this season s Champions League, Bayern Munich picked up a 2-0 victory against Inter Milan on Tuesday night.
Continuing on what has been a stellar run of form while on Group C duties this year, goals from Benjamin Pavard Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting wrapped up another eye-catching win for the German heavyweights.
Making it six Champions League victories on the spin and signing off their Group C adventure with a 100% record, Bayern have certainly laid down a real marker.
However, while Inter Milan might have already booked their knockout stage ticket ahead of Tuesday s matchup in Munich, the former Italian champions were disappointed by a downbeat display.
Watc…
Kuwait SC coach Dragan Talajic insists his side can cover crucial absentees when they face Uzbek club Nasaf Qarshi in Saturday s AFC Cup final.
The Kuwaiti outfit, who lifted the AFC Cup in 2009, will be without midfielders Sami Al Sanea and Jarah Al Ateeqi after picking up bookings in the semi-final second leg against Arbil, while flu has hit the camp after making the trip to Uzbekistan.
We have two suspended players and some injured players and some sick players who got the flu when we arrived here to cold weather from hot weather in Kuwait, the Croatian told reporters.
But for our team it is not a big problem since we have enough quality players to play tomorrow and to win.
I respect Nasaf and I can congratulate (Nasaf coach Anatoliy) Demyanenko w…
Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba will miss his nation s Nelson Mandela Challenge clash with South Africa on Saturday.
The Chelsea front man did not figure in Francois Zahoui s 19-man squad, as he is continuing to recover from follow-up surgery to remove screws from his injured arm.
The doubt surrounding the presence of the two-time African Footballer of the Year and the 2009-10 Premier League top scorer had fuelled much interest leading up to the charity event set to take place at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth.
West Ham right back Guy Demel will also be sidelined through injury.
…
Alexandre Pato admits he expected to be given more of a chance to impress during his loan spell with Chelsea.
The Brazilian joined on a loan deal from Corinthians in January to provide cover for the injured Radamel Falcao and Loic Remy, but only managed two Premier League appearances against Aston Villa and Swansea City.
New Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is not expected to make Pato s loan deal permanent, and the striker concedes he thought he would be given more opportunities to impress under manager Guus Hiddink.
He told SporTV: I was in his office. I asked to talk, I explained my situation. He was very sincere: Pato, you came at a time when our players were injured. Now they re coming back, and I m very loyal to my players .
I understand the coach s …
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta said he will pick a very competitive team for his side s EFL Cup fixture against Brighton on Wednesday.
The Gunners are enjoying a spectacular start to the Premier League season, with 11 wins, one draw and one loss from their opening 13 games.
Their success has translated to European competition as well, boasting five wins from their six Europa League group stage matches to sit atop Group A.
With a congested schedule and the World Cup right around the corner, Arteta could be forgiven for using the EFL Cup as a chance to rotate his squad and give his big names some rest, but he told the media that winning is the priority.
It is a different competition, but the purpose is the same, he said. To play as good as we can, win the game …
Schalke have confirmed midfielder Nabil Bentaleb has completed a loan move from Tottenham until the end of the 2016-17 campaign.
Bentaleb underwent a medical with the Bundesliga club last week and will look to resurrect his stuttering career at the Veltins Arena.
After breaking into the Tottenham first team in 2013, Bentaleb has slipped down the pecking order at White Hart Lane after ankle and knee problems, the 21-year-old only making five Premier League appearances last season.
Earlier on Thursday, Schalke director of sport Christian Heidel spoke positively about the 21-year-old s arrival but asked for patience as he settles into life in Germany.
OFFICIAL: Welcome to Schalke, !
— FC Schalke 04 (@s04_en)
We expect him [Bentaleb] to…
La Liga high flyers Valencia are eyeing a summer swoop for Manchester United midfielder Juan Manuel Mata, .
The Spanish midfielder has largely struggled for playing time since Louis van Gaal took over the reigns and he may have to leave Old Trafford in search of first team football.
The Daily Mirror has learned that Valencia aim to take advantage of the situation and attempt to lure the Spain international back to Mestalla.
Juan Mata left los Che in the summer of 2011 to join Chelsea, and he largely impressed in his first two Premiership seasons.
However, the Spaniard eventually lost his place in the starting line-up at Stamford Bridge and went on to sign for Manchester United in January 2014.
And it looks as though he could now leave English Pre…